Only 1.5% of Adult County Population Want Rush Removed

Russ Steele

The 1.5% wants to control what the rest of us listen to on KNCO. Over a 1,000 people have signed the petition, many of which do not even live in Nevada County, or are even in the KNCO listening area, wants to control what the other 98.5% listen to over the airwaves in Nevada County.

It really does not make any difference to me that KNCO ditches Rush and replaces him with another talker, maybe Sean Hannity, or better yet Glenn Beck.  I can listen to Rush on the Internet on my smartphone from anywhere.  Today, I listened to Rush on a Prescott AZ station. My iPod iHeart app for KNCO was on the fritz. I can also listen on my Apple TV Internet. Last week it was a W station from New York over the Apple TV.

The only people that are going to be hurt, will be the local advertisers that have chosen to listed during the Rush show. I find this very troubling. Why should 1.5% of the Western County population control what the other 98.5% have an opportunity to listen too on KNCO?

I would like to hear your views.

Update (03-09-12)  When listening to Rush today he took some time to explain how listeners control the content on Fridays for all the new listeners. It seem his web sit and listener traffic has a big jump.

About these ads

About Russ Steele
Freelance writer and climate change blogger. Russ spent twenty years in the Air Force as a navigator specializing in electronics warfare and digital systems. After his service he was employed for sixteen years as concept developer for TRW, an aerospace and automotive company, and then was CEO of a non-profit Internet provider for 18 months. Russ's articles have appeared in Comstock's Business, Capitol Journal, Trailer Life, Monitoring Times, and Idaho Magazine.

3 Responses to Only 1.53 of Adult County Population Want Rush Removed

  1. John Galt says:

    In the long run it will affect you. KNCO will lose audience, then revenues, then more programming.

    The service provided by KNCO will diminish.

    –John Galt

  2. David Maggs says:

    I find it interesting where you came up with these “statistics”? 1.5% I guess you must also be including the 35,000 residents (under 18 years of age), as well as the thousands of others who don’t listen to the radio while they are working.

    • Russ says:

      David.

      The County Population is 98,764. I subtracted those living in Eastern County about 16,000, then I subtracted those under 18 again about 16,000. I came up with about 66,500 people in Western County. This is the population of potential listeners. If you divide 1000 petitioners by 66,500 potential listeners you come up with .015037594, or about 1.5 percent. So what we have is 1.5 percent of the population determining what the the other 98.5% of the potential listeners have access to. That does not seem very American to me. Apparently your are OK with minority rule.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: