SCOTUS Enables Largest Middle Class Tax Increase in History (Updated)
06/28/2012 53 Comments
The Supreme Court has upheld the Obama Care Individual Mandate, not under the Commerce Clause, but under the ability of the government to levy regressive taxes until the citizens rebel. While Obama is doing a victory lap, Tea Party Patriots across the nation are organizing to oppose all the liberals that voted for Obama Care. Since Obama said he would not raise Middle Class taxes, he is now vulnerable and should be sent packing.
If you choose not to pay this new regressive tax, the IRS will take your property and send you to the poor house to join the 49% who do not pay any taxes. This new tax has given the Republican one of the strangest issues yet! The worlds largest tax increase in the history of the United States.
We must remove Obama Care and kill the largest unprecedented tax increase on the middle class in history. Our only hope to save America from government rationing of health care and certain bankruptcy is to force Congress to repeal this horrific law, which steals our personal freedom.
See you all at the next Tea Party Patriot Meeting! Come and march with us in the Forth of July Parade, details to be posted HERE.
Update (06-28-12, 10:1) The Polipundit has some ponts to ponder:
- Yes, we can repeal Obamacare legislatively. Bills that cut the deficit need just a simple majority in the Senate, thanks to the Byrd Rule. Since Obamacare is now scored as massively adding to the deficit, 50 Republican senators + Vice President Portman can repeal it, assuming the GOP-controlled House repeals it too.
- It is better to repeal Obamacare legislatively than have it be repealed by unelected judges. That’ll ensure that the repeal is legitimate in every way, unlike, say Roe v. Wade’s judicial fiat that is still being fought over today.
- Obamacare is now the issue of 2012, just like 2010.
- Democrat Senate candidates will be forced to explain their votes for Obamacare. That includes candidates like Jon Tester (MT), Claire McCaskill (MO), Bill Nelson (FL), Sherrod Brown (OH), Shelley Berkley (NV), and Joe Donnelly (IN).
- Those who couldn’t vote for it will have to explain whether they would repeal it. That includes Heidi Heitkamp (ND) and Tim Kaine (VA).
- Obama himself will have to defend Obamacare for the next four months.
- Meanwhile, conservative voters, volunteers, and donors are feeling a wave of righteous anger that has no outlet, other than the election in just four months. Most independent voters will feel the same way.
Update (o6-28-12, 10:20) How much of a tax increase? About $1.7 trillion over the first decade, according to the CBO.
Obama’s tax pledge of 2008:
“I can make a firm pledge – under my plan, no family making less that $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase,” he said in a September 2008 campaign speech in New Hampshire.
Prior to Obamacare’s passage in 2010, Obama denied it was a tax. In September 2009, Obama told ABC News that the law “is absolutely not a tax increase.”
The court has converted Obama Care into a huge tax increase which just may also boost the GOP’s ability to persuade voters to back GOP candidates in 2012. Romney raised over $100,000 in less than an hour after the SCOTUS decision. How much will it be by the end of the day? Stay tuned.