Obama loses to Perry — on science!
09/26/2011 Leave a comment
Obama claimed that Rick Perry needs update his understanding of climate science, given the Texas drought and wildfires.
It appears that Obama is the one that needs to update his scientific knowledge. The Texas drought is not the result of climate change. Here are some facts to consider:
• Unprecedented decrease in world drought severity over the past 30 years
• Rising CO2 causes unprecedented DECREASE in worldwide drought
• Severe drought in 1934 covered 80% of the country, compared with 25% in 2011
• Shocking extremes in U.S. drought and flood conditions! … They occurred in the 1930’s, 1950’s, 1970’s, 1980’s… During the past decade, not so much
• Data from both U.S. and Canada show number of wildfires has declined over the past 40-50 years
• Number of wildfires were higher during the global cooling scare of the 1970’s
• Texas has been getting wetter, the current 15 year period is above average precipitation, and is much wetter than the 1950s
Click for a larger graphic.
H/T to Climate Depot