Governors Extreme Climate Conference will be Broadcast Live Today
12/15/2011 3 Comments
The Conference will be broadcast live to the public via the Governor’s website (gov.ca.gov), starting about 9:30 with a bunch of introductions an then a video presentation on Climate Change and Extreme Events
Out local global warmer Steve Frisch will not be on until after lunch. He will be participating in a roundtable on how to change the climate in California. That should be interesting.
CLIMATE SOLUTIONS ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
What actions will protect California and help our state prosper?
Moderator: Heidi Cullen, PhD, Vice-President, Climate Central and former Correspondent for the Weather Channel
- Patrick Lavin, Business Manager and Financial Secretary, IBEW, Local #47
- Adjutant General David Baldwin, Commander of the California National Guard
- Steve Frisch, President, Sierra Business Council
- Paul Wenger, President, California Farm Bureau Federation
- Martha Davis, Executive Manager, Inland Empire Utilities Agency
- Ed Moreno, Director of Public Health and Health Officer, Fresno County
- Nancy Pfund, Managing Partner, DBL Investors
- Beth Jines, Director of Sustainability, City of Los Angeles
Looking at all the names on the Agenda HERE, I could not find any skeptical voices for climate change reality. This is a warmers conference, do not expect any rational discussion of natural variability.