Nevada City Consenting to Phase III of CO2 Stupidity
09/07/2012 19 Comments
Consent Item at the Wednesday Nevada City Council Meeting:
C. Consideration of Approval for a Participation Agreement with Sierra Business Council for Phase III of the Green Communities Program to Develop the Energy Efficiency Chapter of a Climate Action Plan (CAP)
What the hell is this? It is more UN Agenda 21 crap creeping in to the administration of local government. No this is not more right wing conspiracy, ICLEI is an integral part of Agenda 21. Consider this from the Sierra Business Council Web Site.
- Work with Local Governments throughout the Sierra Nevada to proactively meet greenhouse gas emission reduction goals; assisting Local Governments to lead by example
- Provide comprehensive tools and resources for baseline greenhouse gas emission inventories to local governments and community interns in the Sierra Nevada
- Provide local governments with a inventory baseline to be used to monitor and reduce their energy usage and overall greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase capacity within the workforce, preparing community interns with valuable skills and experiences beneficial in the green job sector
- Prepare Local Government staff members for potential state regulations by providing training throughout the entire process, instructions on how to collect and analyze the data, and providing access to ICLEI resources; minimizing staff time and resources in the future
- Develop county- and city-wide greenhouse gas inventory reports, which can eventually be used in the development of comprehensive energy/climate action planning tools
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions related to energy usage in the Sierra Nevada while promoting sustainable economic development, social fairness, and long term environmental quality
- Implement the vision of the CA Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan in the Sierra Nevada
Sierra Business Council has enrolled 16 local governments in Phase 1, and 17 local governments in Phase 2 to participate in the program and take part in the trainings provided by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability. SBC will recruit and manage the interns, who will participate in the training along with the local government staff. The interns are paired with selected local government staff participants, providing additional staffing support needed to conduct data collections, analysis, emissions inventory development and a final, comprehensive report.
This is all right out the UN Agenda 21 play book. Notice that ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, has dropped International from their label, as it was alerting people to the real mission – one world government. ICLECI’s mission is to carry out Agenda 21. Over 600 Counties and Cities have been duped into becoming ICLEI members and the tax payers are footing the bill.
The real question is why does Nevada City need to have a greenhouse gas inventory and a Climate Action Plan? There is no scientific justification for the argument that human CO2 emissions are causing global warming on the planet. There is more evidence that the planet warms and cools based on the action of the sun, not human generated CO2. There is no need to spend staff time learning how to inventory CO2 and write a Climate Action Plan. Both are a waste of tax dollars for a City that is broke. They need to focus on some real problems, like a declining economy and unfunded pension plans.
Hat Tip. If your want to understand the real scope of Agenda 21, then read Behind the Green Screen – Agenda 21, by Rosa Koire. It is available on Amazon, including a Kindle edition.